Anytime Goalscorer Betting is a bet on a player to score at any stage in that particular football match (not including extra time or penalty shoot outs).
Each player in a match will have odds to score in that match, and as long as he/she scores in the 90 minutes of play, your bet is a winner.
Players who score regularly or are the designated penalty takers will have shorter odds than defenders, or players who rarely find the back of the net.
Best Bookmakers For Football Betting
Anytime Goalscorer Betting Example
- You place a bet on Mohamed Salah to score anytime against Manchester City at odds of Even money. Salah scores the third goal in a 2-2 draw, your bet is a winner.
- You place the same bet on Salah to score anytime at 4/5 against Crystal Palace. Salah doesn’t manage to score any goals in a 3-0 win for Liverpool. Your bet is a loser.
Football Betting Explained
Bookmakers can have well over 100 different markets on a given football match. These can be markets on corners, goals, yellow cards, even shirt numbers. There is probably a market for everyone, especially on a Premier League match.
Here we are focusing more on the more popular betting markets, such as match winner betting, over/under 2.5 goals, both teams to score, etc.
We have put together a brief guide below, but please feel free to click on the relevant page for more information, as well as example bets on the selected markets.
- Match Winner Betting – Also known as Win//Draw/Win, Home/Draw/Away or 1X2, the match winner market is a bet on what you think the outcome of a match over 90 minutes will be. Home win, draw, or away win.
- Both Teams To Score Betting – A bet on whether you think both teams will score or not. Bet on ‘Yes’ if you think both teams will score, or ‘No’ if you think they won’t. Also known as BTTS.
- First Goalscorer Betting – This is a pretty simple bet, you just back the player who you think will score first. This bet usually has pretty decent odds.
- Anytime Goalscorer Betting – A bet on a player to score anytime in the match. It doesn’t matter if your selected player scores first or last, as long as the player scores, the bet is a winner.
- Over/Under 2.5 Goals – Another popular football betting market. A bet on over 2.5 goals is a bet on there being 3 goals or more scored. A bet on Under 2.5 goals is a bet on there being 0, 1, or 2 goals scored in the match.