Betting on the correct score of a football match is fairly self explanatory. You get a list of scores to the home side, a list of scores to the away team, and a list of scores for a drawn match. Every single score has it’s own odds. You simply pick the score/odds you like, and you have a bet on that score.
Best Bookmakers For Football Betting
Correct Score Betting Example
- Arsenal are playing at home to Manchester United, and you think that Arsenal will win 2-1. The match finishes 2-1, and your bet is a winner.
- At the same time Spurs are at home to Chelsea, and you also think this match will finish 2-1 to the home team. You back Spurs to win 2-1, but this time the match finishes 1-1. Your bet is a losing one.
Football Betting Explained
Bookmakers can have well over 100 different markets on a given football match. These can be markets on corners, goals, yellow cards, even shirt numbers. There is probably a market for everyone, especially on a Premier League match.
Here we are focusing more on the more popular betting markets, such as match winner betting, over/under 2.5 goals, both teams to score, etc.
We have put together a brief guide below, but please feel free to click on the relevant page for more information, as well as example bets on the selected markets.
- Match Winner Betting – Also known as Win//Draw/Win, Home/Draw/Away or 1X2, the match winner market is a bet on what you think the outcome of a match over 90 minutes will be. Home win, draw, or away win.
- Both Teams To Score Betting – A bet on whether you think both teams will score or not. Bet on ‘Yes’ if you think both teams will score, or ‘No’ if you think they won’t. Also known as BTTS.
- First Goalscorer Betting – This is a pretty simple bet, you just back the player who you think will score first. This bet usually has pretty decent odds.
- Anytime Goalscorer Betting – A bet on a player to score anytime in the match. It doesn’t matter if your selected player scores first or last, as long as the player scores, the bet is a winner.
- Over/Under 2.5 Goals – Another popular football betting market. A bet on over 2.5 goals is a bet on there being 3 goals or more scored. A bet on Under 2.5 goals is a bet on there being 0, 1, or 2 goals scored in the match.