A bet in the First Goalscorer betting market is a bet on which player will score the first goal of the match.
So simply find the guy or girl you think will score first, and have a bet on that player. If your selection scores first, your bet is a winner. Any other player scores first, and your bet is a loser.
A word of note, different bookmakers have different rules for own goals, and also if your selection doesn’t actually start the match. So make sure you are aware of the terms and conditions of that particular bookie before you bet.
Best Bookmakers For Football Betting
First Goalscorer Betting Examples
- You have a bet on Harry Kane to score the first goal in the North London Derby against Arsenal. Kane scores the opening goal of the match to make it 1-0 to Spurs, so your bet is a winner.
- On a roll with Harry Kane, you back him to score first in Tottenham’s next match away to Man City. Sergio Aguero scores the first goal, before Kane scores the equaliser. Your bet loses as Kane didn’t score first.
Football Betting Explained
Bookmakers can have well over 100 different markets on a given football match. These can be markets on corners, goals, yellow cards, even shirt numbers. There is probably a market for everyone, especially on a Premier League match.
Here we are focusing more on the more popular betting markets, such as match winner betting, over/under 2.5 goals, both teams to score, etc.
We have put together a brief guide below, but please feel free to click on the relevant page for more information, as well as example bets on the selected markets.
- Match Winner Betting – Also known as Win//Draw/Win, Home/Draw/Away or 1X2, the match winner market is a bet on what you think the outcome of a match over 90 minutes will be. Home win, draw, or away win.
- Both Teams To Score Betting – A bet on whether you think both teams will score or not. Bet on ‘Yes’ if you think both teams will score, or ‘No’ if you think they won’t. Also known as BTTS.
- First Goalscorer Betting – This is a pretty simple bet, you just back the player who you think will score first. This bet usually has pretty decent odds.
- Anytime Goalscorer Betting – A bet on a player to score anytime in the match. It doesn’t matter if your selected player scores first or last, as long as the player scores, the bet is a winner.
- Over/Under 2.5 Goals – Another popular football betting market. A bet on over 2.5 goals is a bet on there being 3 goals or more scored. A bet on Under 2.5 goals is a bet on there being 0, 1, or 2 goals scored in the match.