So what does Over 6.5 Goals mean? Well the simple answers is, it means 7 goals or more to be scored in a match. So any scoreline with 7 or more goals in it – such as 4-3, 6-1, 5-2 – would be a winner.
Any scoreline with less than 7 goals in it, would be a loser. Scorelines like 1-0, 3-2, or even 3-3 would be under 6.5 goals.
Best Bookmakers For Football Betting
Over 6.5 Goals Betting Explained
- You place a bet on there to be Over 6.5 Goals in the match between Man City and Burnley, as you think City will run riot. City win 6-1, meaning a total of 7 goals are scored. Your bet is a winner.
- On the same day Liverpool are at home to Huddersfield, and you think this could have 7 goals or more. You place a bet on Over 6.5 Goals, and the match finishes 5-0 to Liverpool. Your bet is a loser, as there was only 5 goals in the match.
Football Betting Explained
Bookmakers can have well over 100 different markets on a given football match. These can be markets on corners, goals, yellow cards, even shirt numbers. There is probably a market for everyone, especially on a Premier League match.
Here we are focusing more on the more popular betting markets, such as match winner betting, over/under 2.5 goals, both teams to score, etc.
We have put together a brief guide below, but please feel free to click on the relevant page for more information, as well as example bets on the selected markets.
- Match Winner Betting – Also known as Win//Draw/Win, Home/Draw/Away or 1X2, the match winner market is a bet on what you think the outcome of a match over 90 minutes will be. Home win, draw, or away win.
- Both Teams To Score Betting – A bet on whether you think both teams will score or not. Bet on ‘Yes’ if you think both teams will score, or ‘No’ if you think they won’t. Also known as BTTS.
- First Goalscorer Betting – This is a pretty simple bet, you just back the player who you think will score first. This bet usually has pretty decent odds.
- Anytime Goalscorer Betting – A bet on a player to score anytime in the match. It doesn’t matter if your selected player scores first or last, as long as the player scores, the bet is a winner.
- Over/Under 2.5 Goals – Another popular football betting market. A bet on over 2.5 goals is a bet on there being 3 goals or more scored. A bet on Under 2.5 goals is a bet on there being 0, 1, or 2 goals scored in the match.