Do you ever wonder what does over 7.5 goals mean in football betting? Well, we have the answer. A bet on over 7.5 goals is a bet on there being 8 or more goals scored in a match.
If the match finishes with combined goals of 7 or less, then that is classed as under 7.5 goals.
Best Bookmakers For Football Betting
Over 7.5 Goals Betting Explained
- Barcelona are at home to Real Betis. With Messi and co up front you expect a lot of goals. You place a bet on over 7.5 goals, and sure enough, Barca win 8-0. Your bet is a winner.
- You place a bet on over 7.5 goals in the match between Chelsea and Manchester United, the match finishes 3-3, meaning only 6 goals are scored. Your bet loses.
Football Betting Explained
Bookmakers can have well over 100 different markets on a given football match. These can be markets on corners, goals, yellow cards, even shirt numbers. There is probably a market for everyone, especially on a Premier League match.
Here we are focusing more on the more popular betting markets, such as match winner betting, over/under 2.5 goals, both teams to score, etc.
We have put together a brief guide below, but please feel free to click on the relevant page for more information, as well as example bets on the selected markets.
- Match Winner Betting – Also known as Win//Draw/Win, Home/Draw/Away or 1X2, the match winner market is a bet on what you think the outcome of a match over 90 minutes will be. Home win, draw, or away win.
- Both Teams To Score Betting – A bet on whether you think both teams will score or not. Bet on ‘Yes’ if you think both teams will score, or ‘No’ if you think they won’t. Also known as BTTS.
- First Goalscorer Betting – This is a pretty simple bet, you just back the player who you think will score first. This bet usually has pretty decent odds.
- Anytime Goalscorer Betting – A bet on a player to score anytime in the match. It doesn’t matter if your selected player scores first or last, as long as the player scores, the bet is a winner.
- Over/Under 2.5 Goals – Another popular football betting market. A bet on over 2.5 goals is a bet on there being 3 goals or more scored. A bet on Under 2.5 goals is a bet on there being 0, 1, or 2 goals scored in the match.