Have you ever wondered what does a bet of Over 8.5 Corners mean? The answer is that it’s a bet on there being 9 or more corners taken in a football match. This could be 12 or 13 corners, as long as there is 9 or more.
Best Bookmakers For Football Betting Sites
Which Bookmakers To Use For Betting On Football – There are certain bookmakers who are good for football refunds. Bookmakers who give you money back on certain markets every week, and who give you a refund on football accumulators if one team lets you down, etc.
Over 8.5 Corners Betting Explained
- Liverpool are playing Arsenal at Anfield, and you are expecting an attacking match, resulting in plenty of corners. You place a bet on over 8.5 corners. There is an end to end match with both sides getting 5 corners each, a total of 10 corners. Your bet is a winner.
- Man City are playing Crystal Palace at home in the Premier League. You are expecting City will dominate, so you back over 8.5 corners. City complete a comfortable win, but only get 8 corners, while Palace hardly get out of their half and get none. Your bet loses as there is only 8 corners.
Football Betting Explained
Bookmakers can have well over 100 different markets on a given football match. These can be markets on corners, goals, yellow cards, even shirt numbers. There is probably a market for everyone, especially on a Premier League match.
Here we are focusing more on the more popular betting markets, such as match winner betting, over/under 2.5 goals, both teams to score, etc.
We have put together a brief guide below, but please feel free to click on the relevant page for more information, as well as example bets on the selected markets.
- Match Winner Betting – Also known as Win//Draw/Win, Home/Draw/Away or 1X2, the match winner market is a bet on what you think the outcome of a match over 90 minutes will be. Home win, draw, or away win.
- Both Teams To Score Betting – A bet on whether you think both teams will score or not. Bet on ‘Yes’ if you think both teams will score, or ‘No’ if you think they won’t. Also known as BTTS.
- First Goalscorer Betting – This is a pretty simple bet, you just back the player who you think will score first. This bet usually has pretty decent odds.
- Anytime Goalscorer Betting – A bet on a player to score anytime in the match. It doesn’t matter if your selected player scores first or last, as long as the player scores, the bet is a winner.
- Over/Under 2.5 Goals – Another popular football betting market. A bet on over 2.5 goals is a bet on there being 3 goals or more scored. A bet on Under 2.5 goals is a bet on there being 0, 1, or 2 goals scored in the match.