If you’re looking at goals betting and want to know what does under 2.5 goals mean, then the answer is it means a bet on there being less than 3 goals in a match. This means results like 1-1, 2-0, or 1-0, are all under 2.5 goals.
Scorelines such as 2-1 or 1-2, would be over 2.5 goals, as 3 goals are scored. Any scoreline with 3 or more goals in it, would be over 2.5 goals.
Best Bookmakers For Football Betting
Which Bookmakers To Use For Betting On Football – There are certain bookmakers who are good for football refunds. Bookmakers who give you money back on certain markets every week, and who give you a refund on football accumulators if one team lets you down, etc.
Under 2.5 Goals Betting Explained
- You have a bet on under 2.5 goals in the Manchester Derby as you believe the two sides will cancel each other out. The match finishes 1-1, meaning your bet wins as only 2 goals are scored.
- England take on taking on Croatia at Wembley, and despite home advantage you still think it will be a tight match. You back under 2.5 goals, and the match finishes 2-1 to England. This means your bet loses as there is 3 goals in the match.
Football Betting Explained
Bookmakers can have well over 100 different markets on a given football match. These can be markets on corners, goals, yellow cards, even shirt numbers. There is probably a market for everyone, especially on a Premier League match.
Here we are focusing more on the more popular betting markets, such as match winner betting, over/under 2.5 goals, both teams to score, etc.
We have put together a brief guide below, but please feel free to click on the relevant page for more information, as well as example bets on the selected markets.
- Match Winner Betting – Also known as Win//Draw/Win, Home/Draw/Away or 1X2, the match winner market is a bet on what you think the outcome of a match over 90 minutes will be. Home win, draw, or away win.
- Both Teams To Score Betting – A bet on whether you think both teams will score or not. Bet on ‘Yes’ if you think both teams will score, or ‘No’ if you think they won’t. Also known as BTTS.
- First Goalscorer Betting – This is a pretty simple bet, you just back the player who you think will score first. This bet usually has pretty decent odds.
- Anytime Goalscorer Betting – A bet on a player to score anytime in the match. It doesn’t matter if your selected player scores first or last, as long as the player scores, the bet is a winner.