Sky Sports start their brand new Friday Night Football coverage this weekend, with Man Utd hosting Southampton, and Betfair also have a new customer offer on this match, as well as a great deal for existing customers.
Best Football Betting Sites
Which Bookmakers To Use For Betting On Football – There are certain bookmakers who are good for football refunds. Bookmakers who give you money back on certain markets every week, and who give you a refund on football accumulators if one team lets you down, etc.
Man Utd V Southampton Betfair Offer
can claim a free bet up to a maximum of £50, by placing an in-play bet on Manchester United V Southampton after the match has kicked off (8pm, UK time). Your in-play bet will also have to be at minimal odds of 1/5 (1.20), in order to qualify for this offer.
After you complete the in-play bet, you will then get given a free bet up to the same amount, which will be credited into your account within 12 hours of the final whistle. The free bet will be available for 48 hours, and can be used on the Sportsbook.
£50 is the maximum amount. The first bet you place in-play will be the one counted towards your free bet, so if you want the £50 free bet, don’t have £2 on Man Utd to win 5-0 first, and then place £50 on Over 2.5 Goals afterwards, as the £2 in-play bet will be the one the free bet is based on. You can find the Betfair Man Utd V Southampton new customer offer in the below link.
And great news if you are only opening a new Betfair account today, as you can claim the above free bet and claim the welcome offer of Bet £10 Get £30, making this is a great double offer for new customers.
Man Utd Southampton Bet Example
So if you decide you want to claim the maximum £50 free bet, you would wait for the match to start, and then you would select a market you wish to bet on.
You decide you think Manchester United will win. First you check the odds, are they greater than 1/5 (1.2)? Yes, United are around 1/2, so you place £50 on Manchester United to win, making this the first bet you place in-play.
That’s it, job done. When you check your Betfair account on Saturday morning, you will see you now have a £50 free bet in there waiting to be used.
Use the free bet on an event from the Sportsbook within the next 48 hours, you should have no problem finding a bet on Saturday’s football.
Betting on football can be great fun and very profitable, if you get it right. There are plenty of football betting systems that work and make money, such as lay the draw, pre match trading, etc.
Football Betting Explained
Bookmakers can have well over 100 different markets on a given football match. These can be markets on corners, goals, yellow cards, even shirt numbers. There is probably a market for everyone, especially on a Premier League match.
Here we are focusing more on the more popular betting markets. These markets include match winner betting, over/under 2.5 goals, both teams to score, etc.
We have put together a brief guide below. Feel free to click on the relevant page for more information, as well as example bets on the selected markets.
- Match Winner Betting – Also known as Win//Draw/Win, Home/Draw/Away or 1X2, the match winner market is a bet on what you think the outcome of a match over 90 minutes will be. Home win, draw, or away win.
- Both Teams To Score Betting – A bet on whether you think both teams will score or not. Bet on ‘Yes’ if you think both teams will score, or ‘No’ if you think they won’t. Also known as BTTS.
- First Goalscorer Betting – This is a pretty simple bet, you just back the player who you think will score first. This bet usually has pretty decent odds.
- Anytime Goalscorer Betting – A bet on a player to score anytime in the match. It doesn’t matter if your selected player scores first or last. As long as the player scores, the bet is a winner.
- Over/Under 2.5 Goals – Another popular football betting market. A bet on over 2.5 goals is a bet on there being 3 goals or more scored. A bet on Under 2.5, is a bet on less than 3 goals.